1. Basic Information: Please include sufficient information to allow HMM to identify the relevant shipment(s). At minimum, this should include: Invoice Number, BL Number, Container Number
2. Dispute Description: Please identify the basis for the dispute. Examples would include Invalid Free Time, Invalid Rate, Invalid Term, Cargo Availability, Empty Return Restriction, Government Inspections, etc.
3. Evidence: Please include information sufficient to allow HMM to confirm the existence of the circumstance described in response to number 2 that forms the basis for the dispute (including, as applicable, evidence that
such circumstance was not the result of an act or omission of the disputing party or its agents or another party for which the disputing party was acting as agent). While HMM will review each dispute individually, and
documentation sufficient to support a dispute will vary based on the facts and the claimed basis for the dispute, HMM expects that the following types of evidence will be necessary to support disputes:
Time stamped screenshots evidencing that appointments, if required, were unavailable*
Time stamped screenshots evidencing Container Unavailability
Email Correspondence with HMM personnel notifying HMM of the relevant event/circumstance
Reports for Weather Delays
Time stamped screenshots evidencing Rail Reservation Fail **
Governmental Hold / Inspection ***
Pictures (damaged containers)
* Pickup: A screenshot indicating no appointments were available for each day of the free time period and up to day of pickup. Each daily screenshot must be time stamped and show that, if required, no appointments were available for all shifts.
* Return: A time stamped screenshot of a terminal appointment system indicating an appointment was not available at any HMM return locations applicable as of the time of the screenshot for the date a waiver is being applied for, including all shifts where applicable. The screenshot(s) must be taken the day prior to the requested waiver date and on the waiver date. Such screenshots must be taken between 6:00 a.m.-12:00pm (noon) the day before the waiver date and between 6:00a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on the waiver date, in the time zone of the applicable terminal.
** A screenshot indicating no reservations were available for each day of the receiving window as indicated on the booking confirmation. Each daily screenshot must show no reservations were available for that day.
*** A statement validating the customs hold was not a result of any act or omission of the disputing party or its agents or another party for which the disputing party was acting as agent.
4. Incomplete Documentation: If, based on the documentation provided, HMM is unable to determine whether a dispute is valid, HMM reserves the right to request additional information as may be necessary. Failure to
provide such additional requested information may result in a delay in HMM’s ability to respond to the dispute or denial.